Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

The power is out/on


Today, the power went out around noon. It’s six o’clock now and it’s still off. But the real power has been on all day. The wind has been gusting over 100km an hour and the sea has been a spectacular thrashing, writhing, foaming force of liquid energy.
After spending a few hours at David’s place making dried apple slices and apple sauce, (we have lots of apples) I drove down to South Point and, ignoring the no trespass signs, followed a trail through the woods to the beach. A bicycle leaning against a tree told me I was not the only one with an urge to witness the stormy ocean close up and personal. I made my way down the steep path and clambered over a few logs to the rocky beach where the surf was pounding in pretty good.
Not like the west coast mind you, but for these sheltered northern Gulf waters, it was a pretty lively day.
I took some photos and sat on a log for a while just soaking it in. The other person was further down the beach and I had no wish to intrude on whatever meditation he or she was enjoying.
Then I walked back to my truck and drove back to May’s Garden and my still powerless trailer.
Luckily the propane stove does not require power so I have prepared a delicious dinner of refried beans, canned salmon, onions and carrots with a generous dose of curry powder to spike it up a bit. Mmmmm good!

It’s just after 6pm now and the sun is already sinking low. Fall is upon us it seems although the forecast for the next few days is quite decent. Which is good because I have a lot of work to get done over the next few weeks…   Oh! The power just came back on!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I can just taste the salty wind and feel the raw energy up there in these photos. We had some good rain and wind down here too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete