Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Apples!



It was grey day with a gusty warm wind from the south. I spent most of it screwing the rainscreen strips onto the walls. These are the strips that the siding is fastened to and they create a 1/2" gap so that any moisture that penetrates the siding does not wick through into the walls. It's a long tedious job but hey, I'm an untrained worker what can I expect?
Anyway. eventually I ran out of strips (more being delivered tomorrow) so I went off to "pick" apples. My picking method is a bit crude in that I spread  a tarp on the ground and then take a long stick and shake the branches till the fruit falls. Yes there is some bruising but most of the apples are perfect -- and so good! I'm hoping to dry, freeze and preserve as many as possible, but I think I'll be giving quite a few away!
In  other news... the view from the living room window looks towards the apple tree. And the view from the kitchen sink is quite charming!

No comments:

Post a Comment