Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 7th



Today was concrete slab day at May's Garden. And I took the day off! On account of my bad back I was pretty much a spectator as Mike and Craig mixed and poured many wheelbarrow loads of concrete to make a 4" thick slab in both the living room and the utility room.  As luck would have it, an old friend, Melanie and her partner Michael sailed into Mansons and gave me a call. I met them on the beach and we spent the day leisurely visiting friends, having lunch and swimming at Mansons Lagoon.

Michael is an old friend of David's so we connected really easily. The three of us had some great conversation and lovely quiet times. 

Melanie reminded me of a haiku I told her many years ago...

The moon on the water;
Broken and broken again,
Still is there.

Chosu

No comments:

Post a Comment