Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Spiral staircase complete

 I've been "off-island" for 10 days during which time David, the local craftsman who built the treads for the staircase, came and installed them. I knew they would be beautiful because David's workmanship is legendary, and I was not disappointed.

Each tread is made from three pieces of wood, carefully joined to make a strong and aesthetically pleasing unity. It is now a pleasure to walk up the stairs and a pleasure to look at them.

This beautiful spiral sculpture in the centre of our house is definitely a work of art.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, those stairs are beautiful. I have been looking at pictures of spiral staircases all day, I just love the way they photograph. I would love to have a spiral staircase in my house. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete