Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Still siding







Siding is pretty much my full time occupation these days. We have a pretty good set up for cutting and installing the cement boards and it's going quite smoothly. I'm very pleased with the choice of pre-painted siding because the weather is marginal for painting and getting cooler by the day.
 
I did find time on the weekend to help David smoke some salmon in his newly built smoker. It's designed for cold smoking, so the fish gets smoked but not cooked.  We used a combination of apple wood, from the pruning I did last year, and cherry. Last night we vacuum packed about 50 bags of delicious smoked salmon!

2 comments:

  1. that fish looks smokin'delicious!

    and, whatever you've done to display your photos on the blog this time....is great. Allows us to view them ALL enlarged.

    Keep up the steady siding! looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great, I been making smoked salmon too. (But bought the fresh salmon from Native fishin) And I have less than 50 Vacuum pack bags... but great fun and food all winter.

    ReplyDelete