Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Doors!









Doors! After windows, getting the exterior doors installed is a major milestone on the road to that magical state called "lock up". Last Friday I drove down to Victoria to pick up our doors from the company there that has been making them. When I got there they told me they'd had a problem and the doors would not be ready until Tuesday afternoon.  Sooo... I decided to stay with my friends Dan and Naoko that night and head over to Vancouver for a couple of days on Saturday. It all worked out fine and yesterday I picked up the doors around 5pm, drove to Campbell River (3.5 hrs) and caught a late ferry to Quadra Island. I knew it was too late to get to ferry to Cortes but decided to stay at the Heriot Bay Inn and catch the first ferry in the morning. All went according to plan and I arrived home at May's Garden mid morning. Mike showed up soon after and together we installed three of the four door, saving the big french doors for tomorrow.
In the pictures you can see the upstairs deck door, the cute little bedroom door, and the main entry door -- yes we still need to build  deck for the main entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment