Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Second floor on!


Today we got the plywood on the second floor! As usual, it went very smoothly. First we made sure all the prep work was done. Then We started gluing and nailing each piece of plywood in place. It's tongue and groove, so each piece gets securely hammered into its neighbour before I went to work with the nail gun. There are about 50 nails to each 4' x 8'plywood.




Here are the views from above and below where the spiral staircase will be.
This is what the big cedar slab table looked like after I planed it. Today I went over it with my (new) belt sander. (Note to guys... building a house is a great excuse to buy tools!) Actually I bought the belt sander for finishing the beautiful fir beams that we bought from a local sawmill.


1 comment:

  1. I love love love the spiral stairs to be! can you just leave the upstairs open to the view of trees? giant circle window skylight? great work Papa loo.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete