Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

PROJECTS...

Having got my workshop somewhat organized I decided to try it out by building this little collapsible meditation bench out of scrap plywood. It's an idea I've been thinking about for a few weeks and came out of our last trip to Quebec City when I wanted to take along my meditation bench but it was too bulky to fit in my suitcase. I'm quite happy with this prototype and plan on building more, maybe out of local Cortes maple wood (or walnut if we have to cut down our lovely but sick walnut trees). Anyway I tried out the bench and can attest to its very satisfactory "bliss factor":)

On a much more ambitious do-it-yourself scale, the bottom pic is the sweet little sailboat built by my friend Bernie Anderson. He did it without using any powertools right on the beach where she now sits. If any of you wooden boat fans would like to see some more pics of her, please email me at andyvine@telus.net.

BTW just click on any photo to view it larger.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment