Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18th

On Sunday, John Vosper delivered two loads of sand for the foundation floor. Nice truck!



Today I got myself out of bed at 5:30am to catch the first ferry to Quadra/Campbell River. I had located both a fridge and lawn mower on Craigslist and needed to stock up on groceries and few other items. I got to CR around 9:30am and headed out to Willow Point to look at the lawn mower. While on my way I got a call from Marty, the seller, to tell me he could not get it started so I might not want to bother coming. I told him I'd come and take a look anyway. When I got there he told me he's going through a divorce and has sold his house so he's unloading stuff he doesn't need. I took a look at the lawn mower, checked that there was a spark, tested the compression by pulling the cord and figured it was probably a gas problem. Anyway he agreed to drop his price due to the fact that it was not running. So I bought it. When I unloaded it at my workshop here on Cortes I thought, oh well I'll give a it try. I put new gas in it, primed it and gave the cord a pull... away she roared! First pull! I'm still grinning...



Then I went topick up the fridge from Rick. He finds used appliances, fixes them up and sells them out of his home. Like Marty, I liked him immediately we shook hands. The fridge is spotless and runs nice and quiet. I had already paid the $100 he was asking via PayPal so we loaded it onto my truck. As I was leaving he reminded me that he gives a 30 day warranty. My only worry was how I was going to unload it on Cortes. David is off island and I could not think of anyone close by I could ask for help. Anyway, when I got to the trailer I backed the truck right up to the deck, lowered the tailgate and was able to "walk" the fridge to the edge of the tailgate, tip it a bit and lower it gently onto the deck, all on my own without risking bodily injury! Here you see it sitting neatly between the trailer windows and conveniently right outside the door. It's shaded by the sun roof and the noise (what little there is) is outside the trailer. I've altready got a few items in it.



And finally... a full moon shot taken last night looking south towards the lights of Powell River. My hand was not quite "tripod steady" so you get this artistic blurred effect;)

Click on any pic to view it larger.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. nice job on the craigslist scores. I too am a craigslist troller....trained by my garage sailing father no doubt to sniff out a bargain.

    That full moon was stunning. xox nice shot artsy fart.

    xoxo
    m

    ReplyDelete