Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Success! Gwyneth's new mooring

Well the raft did not work out. But while I was repairing it for a second attempt, an oyster farm boat showed at the slip to unload. After they'd finished, Grant, the owner offered to take the mooring block out to my spot for me. With his twin 90HP motors he dragged it off the baech and motored out to the spot I had marked with a buoy. However... when we cut the rope holding the block, the mooring line got tangled up and there was a big knot about 10ft below the surface.

I thought about how to deal with it overnight and this morning phoned Jedidiah Duyf, the local diver. Luckily he was available and this afternoon he untangled the line for me.

So now, finally, Gwyneth has her own mooring. Yeah!!!

Here she is sitting at it as the first puffs of a rising gale make themselves felt. Tonight it is supposed to blow 35 knots so the mooring will be put to the test. I am very confident that it will handle this and a much stronger blow.
That's Gwyneth off to the right of the dock, a fairly easy row in my little dinghy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment