Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Growth and wind damage

I've been away from Cortes for 10 days during which there was some pretty severe winds and lots of rain. The latter seems to have helped the rye seed I sowed sprout very fast. As you can see there is now a green hue to the garden.








The wind storm took the top of an alder tree on the property line leaving the path to the outhouse blocked. So I just spent an hour with my chain saw, limbing the tree and dragging the limbs over to the burn pile. The rest of the tree needs to come down but that requires a bigger chain saw than my Echo.

The wind also destroyed the Cortes Hilton! It blew it about 50ft un till it caught in some tree branches. Two poles were badly bent and there are tears to the fly sheet. My guess is it's toast.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. i couldn't even tell what that mushed up piece of fabric was.....so sad. That tent was delux!

    ReplyDelete