Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Jobs done!

This is the completed septic drain field, neatly covered in raked sand and waiting for the cedar trees around to turn it back into forest floor. It won't take long. I am so grateful to Robbie Driediger for his conscientious work on this project. It may not be romantic, but it's an important part of the infrastructure for a well built house. Thanks Robbie!







Laundry day at the trailer park. I actually took the load of laundry over to David's place to wash and rinse and then brought it back here to dry. Luckily today is a good drying day.

Last night I baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies (using a mix). Mmmm they are some good! I also used the new wok I found at the free store. It's excellent! Way too big for just me but it will get lots of use once we have a house. So life in the trailer is settling into a pretty comfortable routine. Little by little I'm finding the best places to store stuff and handle my daily chores.

I still don't have a water line connected to the trailer because the pressure tank I bought for the pump house turned out to be defective. I'm returning it and getting a replacement later this week. Meanwhile, it's not a big chore to just switch the pump on a for a few minutes when I want to fill the tank.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Looking good Papaloo. I can't wait to get up there to participate. Unfortunately it won't be until sometime in July. I love you and keep up the excellent work. xoxo
    miche

    ReplyDelete