Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010


Early this morning I found this interesting geometric light play in the as yet unroofed building.

Then it was time to make a call on Henry at Blue Jay Farm, 2km off the main road, back in the hills. He has an extensive farm operation growing veggies, raising chickens and cows. Henry also runs one of the best little saw mills on the island and that was the reason for my visit.


In the photo he is cutting 20ft long 2 x 10s out of a fir log. These are for the beam that will support the shed roof. It's kind of amazing to watch a log get turned into precisely cut dimension lumber. When he started up the mill, powered by a VW motor, he handed me a set of ear muffs and explained how the mill works as he cut the log. We loaded the cut 2 x 10s on my roof rack and I headed back to May's Garden...



When I got back Mike had got all the plywood on the roof. After lunch he nailed it with his nail gun shooting hundreds of nails per minute!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment