Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010


Today, Feb 24th, Robbie Graham came over and cleared a spot for the trailer. He is 76 years young. A commercial fisherman, sawmill operator, excavator and more. As well as clearing the site for the trailer I had him take out a whole lot of brambles and scrub trees.

We both ate lunch at the Mansons Hall cafe where he introduced me to Jim Kierney (sp) who like me, used to work at Cold Mountain. Nice guy.

At the end of the day the sun came out and our land looked beautiful. I'm beginning to get a sense of where the house could sit. I think the workshop might be close to the road, maybe near the trailer, which would minimize any noise "bleed" to the house when I'm using power tools. Today I also fixed the gates at the driveway entrance. And Robbie unearthed a metal gate that could be used for the southern driveway.


The southern driveway after Robbie's clearing.












Looking north across the new trailer site.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, the benefits of a good backhoe operator. Pay this man well.

    ReplyDelete