Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

This is a photo of Monika and her daughter Rose whom I met at the Cortes Weekly Market where Monika was selling her beautiful handcrafted dream catchers. In talking with her she told me she and her partner Benoit are developing gardens on Cortes on other people's land... and I told her we could be a candidate for their services. It felt like a significant meeting so I'll be interested to see what transpires. Meanwhile, I have invited them to take a look at Mae's garden and let me know what they think. By the way, Monika and Benoit have 6 kids, Rose is the baby!

At the market I also met Sean who runs Cortes Radio and gave him a copy of my CD. He's a super friendly guy, knows David well and invited me to do a live show sometime.

Robbie Graham was also there, selling his salmon. He told me a bit more about when he used to fish in Blackfish Sound with Billie Proctor and how Billie was always ready to share his knowledge witth other less experienced fishermen.

This morning I met with Esther who works for Rogers Wireless to test the reception at our property. Zip, no reception. However, it was raining and she could only test in a dry spot (the horse barn). She says she'll come back on a dry day and test the rest of the property.

After lunch at the cafe I drove down Sutil Point to visit Good Libations, the island's U-brew store. Doug the owner was very friendly and let me sample one his red wines, an Italian one whose naame I did not recognise. For home brew it was pretty good. Tomorrow he says he'll keep a sample of his Malbec for me to try. If I lay down a batch it will end up costing about $5 a bottle, for 30 bottles.

I also dropped in on Steve Ringwood to see if he has a spot at his dock for Gwyenth. But he was not home.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. another busy day eh!

    meanwhile Canada beat Slovakia in the semi final hockey game....woot woot

    Thinking of you.

    I browsed through a very interesting book about creative home building that Darren had lying around. Very inspiring. I'll see about getting the book for you.
    xx
    miche

    ReplyDelete