Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday Feb 25th

What a glorious day! I woke to bright sunshine and a fresh breeze and that's how it has stayed. After breakfast I met Bruce Ellingsen at the property and he cleared up a few questions I had, mostly about the exact location of the western property line. He also told me his mom gardened there for 50 years! She planted the walnut trees as seedlings and they are now sizeable mature trees. After Bruce left I did some more brush cutting and measuring to figure out where to put the house. The picture at right shows the location I think will work best. To the right of the horse barn you can see the westernmost of the six walnut trees. To clear its branches I figure the centre post of the barn will be the right hand edge of the house/deck. To the left of the barn you can see three white alder trees which I think will have to go as the left hand tree marks the other edge of the house site.

After a break, I focused on marking the property line with some yellow poly rope I bought at the Squirrel Cove general store. In the process I was scrambing over, under and around all kinds of undergrowth, fallen trees, low branches etc. (You'll understand why I mention this a bit later.)
Feeling peckish I drove over to Mansons only to find the cafe closed. So I went across the street to the Food Coop and was once again blown away by what a beautiful store it has become. I decided to become a member and was happily signed up by Norleen.
On my way back to the site I realized I did not have my new sunglasses in their usual perch on my cap. Thinking back to all the scrambling around I had been doing and all the possible places I could have lost them I was not optimistic about finding them. However, I decided to give it a go. Parking the truck I walked across the field to where I had tied the south end of the marker rope. I looked around. No sign. Then I turned around and lo, there they were! I thanked my intuitive faculties, spirit guides etc for a major win!


I then walked down Kwas Road to Kwas Bay, the little public access point to Hague Lake. This is the view from the canoe launch spot.

So that was my day. Tomorrow I hope to meet with a lady who tests cell phone and wireless internet reception to see how we farein this regard and what our options might be.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wow. It sure must be beautiful up there. Good that you're making connections with helpful people...and scoping it all out. Is the canoe launch area sunny in the afternoon? Enjoy the fresh air and lack of Olympic craziness. xxxxx miche

    ReplyDelete