Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Patio reflections...

 
Today I was working on the finishing touches to the patio in front of our house. It involved several walks through the cedar grove behind the house to my workshop, and back. Each time I walk through those trees I feel loved. I breathe the air and savour its sweetness and coolness. And I reflect on how fortunate I am to live in a place where my environment offers me these feelings. I think about those who endure the mean streets of cities. I think about those who live in paradise but don’t recognize it. I think about the choices each of us make and how we rationalize them. I see now that there is no sanity without an ongoing, harmonious relationship with nature. For all the brilliance of intellect displayed so dramatically and abundantly around this world of ours, to me it all looks suspect unless rooted in a deep, constant, breathing, oneness with the plants and animals and insects and rocks. And soil.

Who do we think we are that we can imagine a life without living close to the soil?  We have been living in an ego-bubble. It just burstJ

Namaste

Andy:)



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment