Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 16th - wasps, lizards and lumber


 A coat of cedar-tone finish works wonders for the deck. Here you see the work in progress with the steps done and the top deck not yet done. The end result is a big improvement.









Last night I became a mass murderer and blasted this nest with an insecticide foam. This morning the occupants were no more and I safely removed the nest.










I'm extending the woodshed and today got a good start on the frame. The floor is made from recycled shipping pallet lumber. The rest is local cedar.








 I watched while a blackbird chewed a piece off the tail of this little lizard. When the bird flew off I went outside and checked on the victim. He was lying upside down looking pretty dead, but when I flipped him over, he woke up and scurried under a leafy plant for cover. Once his tail grows back he'll be as good as new and much more careful around blackbirds.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment