Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Progress on the patio and deck


 On my recent visit to Cortes I got Robbie and his amazing machine to do some excavation for our patio. (see below) And while he was at it, I got him to move some big rocks to add to the line of them along the driveway.







After Robbie did the digging, I had a load of gravel delivered as the base for the paving stone patio. Digging and spreading it around is heavier work than my back wants to handle, so I have a hired a young guy to do the grunt work. After the gravel, we will add an inch of sand and then the pavers. Should be fun!





 The next project was building the railing for the upstairs balcony. I used tempered glass sheets that were recycled from old patio doors and cost $20 each! The wood frame is cedar.





And then I built the wooden deck. This is the view through the upstairs door looking south towards the clearcut and yes, the outhouse:)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment