Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Rain, Ikea cabinets, plugging away...

 I know I'm repeating myself but I like this shot of our spiral staircase, even without the final treads; which, by the way are ready and should be installed next week. I have no doubt they will be beautiful because David, who is making them, is a legendary craftsman on this island.







I took this shot of the upstairs railing to send to Iron Age Manufacturing in Vancouver, who made it. (Again, apologies if I've blogged this before. It's just a bit more interesting that bits of window trim that I'm currently working on.)




And here is the pedestal sink I have created for the the upstairs bathroom. The ceramic sink was a gift from  Michelle and Patrick. My plan is to get JP the tile guy to make a tile backsplash.

And... our Indian summer finally came to an end. Today we had rain.

But... the Ikea cabinets arrived in good order via our local trucking company. Only took a week from Vancouver; not bad. So I now have about a week of cabinet assembly ahead of me (a rough guess). I think I'll wait until after my Thanksgiving break visit to Walla Walla and the new grand daughter. 

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love the sink installation...looks great + the rest too. Ikea cabinet assembly is pretty easy (we did it this summer in a couple days for our kitchen)...shouldn't take too long. The whole thing is looking liveable! xo M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy this blog is fantastic and very interesting i have enjoyed reading what you have been up to in building your new house. All is well with me and involved more than ever with musicians now.
    Take care and i do hope to catch one of your gigs once you are back in Vancouver over the winter so stay in touch.
    Cheers John Prentice my cell ( 604 367 5504) i moved down to White Rock last Oct. this is where i now live. :) bye and very impressed at what you have accomplished. :)

    ReplyDelete