Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Spiral staircase - installed

 After months of sitting under a tarp outside, today we finally brought the metal frame for the spiral staircase into the house and into its designed location wrapped around the cedar log in the centre of the house.

Mike and I did this with the help of a "come-along" and there were times when we wondered if we had enough combined muscle power. But we finally wiggled and twisted and nudged it into place.
And the good news is it fits pretty well! We need to make a minor adjustment to how the spiral stair rail and the top rail join together. No big deal...

There is still quite a bit of work to do before the stairs are finished, starting with attaching the frames for the treads and notching them into the post. Then I need to make 13 treads out of local fir that's been sitting drying in my shop for two months.






 Last evening I spotted this charmer next to my trailer and was delighted that he/she posed long enough for me to haul my camera out of my pocket. Mmmmm fresh worm (or grass hopper or ???)

3 comments:

  1. Spiral Stairs is Europes largest stockist of Spiral Staircases, Space Saver staircases, Modular Staircases and and accessories. As well as supplying our own ranges of Spiral stairs and space saver stairs, it also stock Spiral Stairs and Space saver staircases from Misterstep and Arke. Check out the Spiral Staircases for Fast Delivery section for stairs and accessories available for delivery from UK stock - all at discounted prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A home is more than a piece of real estate. A home is seen as the very recognition of the individual. Therefore, many people sometimes prefer to add personal touches to their houses, like painting a wall, designing furniture, and sometimes, building stairs.


      Staircases Sheffield
      Staircases

      Delete
  2. That is very cool, thanks so much for sharing! I have been looking up spiral staircase prices so I can get a similar project like this done at my house. I think it will turn out really great once it is all done.

    ReplyDelete