Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Chilling out on Cortes


Enjoying some time alone on Cortes Island where there’s enough snow to make everything very pretty. However, last night’s minus 10 Celsius played havoc with my water system and I spend most of today thawing it out. Finally, it got going about an hour ago and I was able to have a nice hot bath. Today was also the Christmas Craft Fair in Whaletown and what a lovely event it is. Lots of beautiful arts and crafts and lots of friendly faces. When I mentioned my water problems, the typical response was “welcome to Cortes”. I am definitely not alone on this one. However, it is a good reminder that I need to rebuild my pump shed so that all the pipes are properly insulated and protected. Other than the water problem, our house is very cosy and welcoming even after being empty for a month or so.  Tonight… a nice fire, a glass of wine, dinner and music.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment