Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

August 3rd

 Well it's been a while since I updated my blog but progress is still being made. Only now I'm into finishing stuff and the changes are not so obvious or darmatic. Also it's high summer and I have this increasing urge to go sailing...
However, the living room floor finally got finished after a bit of as false start. Basically, my pal Eric and I got it all done and then found a dip in the middle. So we pulled about two thirds of it up again, poured two bags of levelling compound and then I put it back down. It's pretty good now.

Also in the living room, I did the finishing trim around the edges of the ceiling. It's simple but nice

 And... I got the trim detail at least partially done around the spiral staircase opening. There will be a circular trim piece around the bottom and top of the short vertical boards to hide the edges.... when I get around to it.

Meanwhile, JP the tiling guy has started work and will be here for about 2 weeks. He's quite a character and full of stories. His quote about bathrooms; "I build jewelery boxes for people to be naked in." While here he's staying in the Cortes Hilton (our big tent) with his dog Monk. He's known as being a great tile setter with a few personality issues. Basically he's a very ADHD 50 year old skateboarding kid. We get along just fine!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. We are Europes largest stockist of Spiral Staircases, Space Saver staircases, Modular Staircases and and accessories. As well as supplying our own ranges of Spiral stairs and space saver stairs, we also stock Spiral Stairs and Space saver staircases from Misterstep and Arke. Check out the Spiral Staircases for Fast Delivery section for stairs and accessories available for delivery from UK stock - all at discounted prices.
    Spiral Stair

    ReplyDelete