Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Forms in place

Here you can see the wonderful Mike and Noba working on the forms for the foundation walls for our house. Mike is the guy who built the workshop this past summer and who tolerated me as his helper.

Noba Anderson is his partner and also happens to be the Regional Director for Cortes Island. I first met Noba when I sold her my baidarka (kayak) a few years ago. She is a remarkable young woman with a serious IQ.


These forms will contain the concrete as it is poured and then be removed once it has set. The floor joists will sit on top of these walls and there will be a crawl space underneath.

This is a critical stage of the house construction because everything rests on these foundations. It's very reassuring to have Mike's expertise combined with David's on-site involvement while this work is being done.



Once the foundation is completed, it will likely sit until April when I plan on returning to Cortes to start building the house, hopefully with Mike once again playing the role of construction boss and me as his humble helper.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment