Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010


Yesterday I said goodbye to Cortes and returned to Vancouver for a couple of months of intensive organizing, packing and moving as we vacate our house, move into the condo we bought in Burnaby and arrange to have my tools etc moved up to Cortes. However, before leaving Cortes I was able to get a report from Robbie Driediger on the septic field. He thinks it will work well in the location David and I marked out. He also thinks it can be done with minimal impact on the cedar trees. All good news. I also left with some nice sketches David has done of how the house and workshop might be located as well as some preliminary design ideas for the house.
I caught the 11:50 from Cortes and drove down island hoping to catch the 3pm out of Nanaimo only to miss it by 5 minutes. After a 2 hour wait I was compensated by a front row seat for what was one of the most spectacular displays of the setting sun hitting the north shore mountains that I've ever seen. There was even a nice little rainbow. (photo taken with my phone, sorry about the poor quality)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment